Friday, February 10, 2006

A joke in everybody's life

2 weeks ago there was a family get together, wherein our entire circumference of family members got together, for the infortunate incident of last-rights for my maternal grandfather.
As it is easy to imagine, the scene is always copious with old people, first and second cousins, who are coming together after a very long time.

One of my grandfathers, wanted to know who an old lady sitting and chatting the family stories was. He came up to her, wherein I was also seated, and asked who the lady was to me. I took charge and explained starting, "Well you know thatha, there is one K. Achi". He was quick to answer, "I know K. Achi, but how is this lady related to her". The patti beside me was quick to answer, "I am that K.Achi". We had a small laugh at the unintended comedy life poses. These two started talking a bit, and patti, couldnt recognize who this man was.

Again I took the charge. "Well you know V. Thatha." She was quick to reply, "I know V. Thatha, and how is he related to him". Then the thatha interrupted "I am V. Thatha". That got the group roaring with laughter, much like a solace in that situation.

I guess old age is a fun time to be. Take a look around and Imagine how the people surrounding you, will look in 30 years time. Will you recognize them. Now that sure is something to laugh about.

the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home