Thursday, November 27, 2008

Finding Mrs. Me

Finding Mrs. Me

I am just an ordinary guy. My schooling, college, and professional life was somewhat void of one thing - ladies. While I had good friends in school, I was an unofficial member of the "anti-kadalai" gang in college... and was content looking at couples (actually only ladies) from a far distance in the SW firm I worked for. Though I don't take pride in not socializing with them, I thought it was an extra effort to actually maintain some amount of contact with them. Knowing that I was not good in that aspect, there were few concerns that crossed my mind. "Will I get married? Will I find my better half?"  And some other times it was the inquisitiveness to know who it was. "She's there somewhere", Amma would say often. Wish it was cinema where the next frame would be heroine intro.

As fate be it, the passive but eternal search for Mrs. Me ended in Cincinnati. There she was waiting all this time for me :- well actually she landed some days before. The wind, the birds, the waves which stopped still after my separation with Amma - resumed. I acknowledge the best relation in this world is a mother. Actually its a mother who makes this world the best place. Either way,I was happy to find traces of Amma in her, in everything.

Cinematically speaking she saved me from desperation. Honestly I am too young to be desperate on marriage, or to comment on the long-wait some people have to find the ideal-self. But finding her at the right time saved me from resembling the Chinna Thambi "yenakku kalyanum" guy. Long before I started thinking about the thesis proposal, I actually proposed, and defended successfully. While she could have chosen to say the easy NO, she took the hard YES path. ("S" is hard - see how curvy it is). And she diligently followed it with efforts to convince her parents that I am in fact from the same planet. And finally, in a few days, I will have a new role to play. "With new role comes new responsibility?" NO. I am responsible to the extend of being myself, knowing that someone is there  to take care of things.

And I can develop added-irresponsibility. NO more caring about washing dishes, washing clothes, cleaning house, and cooking something edible - the jobs I did since leaving home. After all, its home again. 

Hmmm... looking back the things we shared, 2 years didn't look a long time to know each other so well. Probably it was longer than 2 years, much longer. I don't know, but it feels so. And when we feel something we acknowledge it. And when we acknowledge it, we know how important it is. Ofcourse we are important to each other. I wonder why I even brought this sentence. But then, you cannot stop feeling blessed when you know how important you are to the people you love the most.
 
Goodbye bachelorhood, I am leaving you for good.

the beginning...

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 11:53 AM GMT+5:30, Blogger Balaji Sharma said...

Great to hear that. Happy married life ahead Saar :). Have a great time together ahead, and enjoy life on that side of the fence. To some of us, the grass continues to be greener on this side :P. Three cheers to singledom, to unclean dishes, to cooking inedibles, and to that kind of fun, till we inevitably follow suit.

 
At 7:04 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger Subro said...

thanks for your wishes Batty.
Very true. Soon I will see you on the other side too. "The old order changeth, yielding place to new..."

 
At 3:36 AM GMT+5:30, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its been a long time since I have read your blog...

Any way .. lovely blog ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home