Sunday, February 12, 2006

Mr. CLOCK


My name is Mr. CLOCK, known to everyone,
I have three hands, which always run.

I tell you when it is morning, I tell you when it is night,
I always keep up with time, and I am placed before people's sight.

My face is either round or square, and numbered one to twelve,
There are five divisions between any two numbers, you should remember this well.

My shorter hand is little thick and also slowest by far,
the number to the left of which, tells you the correct hour.

My longer hand, which is not the fastest of the three,
Gives you the minutes,
but multiplying the number on its left with five, holds the key.

My thinnest hand and also the longest one,
tells you the seconds, when every division is counted in the run.


If you need the minutes as accurate as possible,
adding the number of divisions to the product it is findable.

If you understood what I taught, can you tell my time,
Yes, its 5 hours and 5 minutes, and you have learnt a new rhyme.


the end.

1 Comments:

At 9:42 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger Vijay said...

cool!!!cool!!!cool!!!!
This should be made as a kindergarden poem man... terrific..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home