Sunday, November 30, 2008

Kanchivaram - Beautiful attention to details

I saw the movie kanchivaram yesterday. Just beautiful. No kuthu songs, no comedy tracks, just pure story to keep me glued for 2 hours.
The story happens pre-independence continuing a bit post-independence until 1948. The picturization and attention to details makes the journey of PrakashRaj very enjoyable.
The story itself is very touching and focusses on a poor weaver's life, and his dream to weave a silk saree for his daugher, on her wedding.
And the beauty of the story-telling was many things were explained visually.

No need to comment on Prakash Raj's performance. As usual, awesome. The supporting characters including Shriya Reddy and his friend fitted in perfectly. All in all I think it is a very well-made, enjoyable, and to an extend disturbing movie.

the end.
P.S. :Talking about PR's performance, I think one of his best performances (and the one I liked the most), was in the movie Appu. I think it is a brilliant role, and only he could have done that.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home