Monday, February 13, 2006

NFS 5 is the greatest racing game... ever

The gaming world also is not spared of the community divide, just like the real life. Based on the community, the members have their own set of best games, and enjoy playing them time and again happily living ever after.There are communities which still enjoy solitaire on their best machine, 486, 100Mhz, run with win 3.1. I would say that this commnity is almost extinct.

To show the blatant variations, I present the best community,which proudly displays the features their machine can out-perform,usually spilling their monitors with super 3D images while they try their hand at the games, taking the best possible screenshots.Easily gulpable by this community is Prince of Persia - the sands of time, and GTA vice city.

My machines stands inbetween, a P3, 650, 196 MB Ram cannot do much, right?Wrong!

My machine does push its performance to the extremes, easily with my64MB Geforce. And I would like to say, the best game for my PC is "NFS - 5 Porsche". This game is so creatively made, that you would never like to leave its trail.I bought this game in pirated CD market, the first game I ever bought, for Rs.250. I didnt know anything about this game, or anygame for that matter,because I bought this the very next day after I owned a computer.

That time, I had just 64MB ram and 8MB graphics card.But the game was a roar. I have never seen such a flawless(or can I say with least bugs) game ever since.The music and songs, a new technology introduced by EA, surely worked.What great songs, you can feel the adrelin pumping on hearing them.

Technically too, the cars are physically the way Porsche wanted them to be.The handling, braking and turning differs car to car, so does the maximum speed,and manuevring skills.
A 356 Coupe rides like a boat and can easily go off balance if you try to over-turn, in a average speed. But the Carreras and GTs define the fast cars and controls, the way they should.

Surely Porsche is many a car lover's dream machine and its way too costly for a common man to afford. This game provides the best alternative to your dream of driving a porsche. The game modes are plenty, the best is "Evolution", wherein your car and driving skills mature and advance over time - real time in years. You start with the 356 and probably end with the latest, I have come as far as the 959.

Other than that there is the knockout, lap race, single race and the attractive multiplayer option. There is also a multimedia presentation called "timeline", which shows how Porsche evolved through time. All in all this game provides a rich gaming experience and redefined the world of racing games.

This game is one of my all time favorite and my best racing game.

Producer: EA GAMES
Year of Release: 2000
Title: Need for speed Porsche Unleashed, Porsche 2000
No. of Players: Single player mode(1 player), multiplayer (8 players)
System: P3, Celeron, and above. But graphics card a must.

the end.

1 Comments:

At 12:03 AM GMT+5:30, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home