Thursday, February 23, 2006

How the name Subro came up

My name is Subramoniam.
The oddity lies in the "O", after the "M", where it
should have been an "A".
An oddity in Chennai, and neighbouring places, for
this is how my name is spelt in my native place,
in Kanyakumari District.

I was called Subi, in school, at home, everywhere
around when people chose to escape my long name.
It was in college, first year, that my friend Vikram
first called me "Subro". He thought he was right,
because he knew there was an "O" somewhere, but he misplaced
it. He didn't ask for my approval. The name spread
quite fast among college friends.

Subro I was called from then, in college. They didn't
even know I was called Subi, in the first place.

What's in a name? Well there is...

Subro is quite a catchy term (atleast for me), and when people call me
like that it feels more like a title, than a name.
Bro usually stands for a brother, I interpret my friends
take me as a brother. (no crying please)

Whats the Su stands for, you may ask. Well they may think
I am hot, hence the expression, "Su".
Just for the sake of explanation and to provide you with some
comic relief for reading my blog.
Again, just for explanation, they don't think I am
very hot or a piss off, in either case I would have been
called... "Susu-bro".

Very recently, this very name was famous for the wrong reasons.
And I thought of giving up this identity. But I didnt.
This is me, my character, my personification. I am proud to be me,
hence why shouldn't I, to be called "Subro".

I have an email ID with that name, also this very blog is named so.
But I am not attached to it, not more that a person needs to be,
to his name.

I felt that the very reason why I am called Subro, needs to be stated
somewhere to the puzzled readers, who shouldn't confuse it with the
famous "Subro Case". Actually this should have been one of my first
messages in this blog.

There are few mods to my name. I heard my friends
Vivek and Vijay call me "Super" Subro.

But doesn't "Sappa" Subro rhyme better?


the end.

1 Comments:

At 8:51 AM GMT+5:30, Blogger Vijay said...

Super Subro!!! Superu...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home