Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Sivasankar son of Hariharan!

It is quite common to name brothers as Ram and Lakshman. It sounds logical. But some relation ships looks so harmonius except namewise.

We name our progeny with Gods' names desiring a part of their virtue to stick on to them. As a result, in real world with so many Gods and Goddesses unleashed, the relationships change and history is being rewritten, day after day.

The reception party I attended last was my friend Sriram's with his wife Parvathi. I witnessed many other cases where Rama wed Ahalya, Gayathri and even Margerette.

Sometimes even the order gets a change. My schoolmate Ganesh has an elder brother Saravanna. Radha and Krishna are siblings as per our neighbours' parents and Aunt Anjali's son was Arjun instead of Hanuman... atleast he looked like a monkey.

Last but not the least, I am Subramani myself, the name carefully selected by my parents and grandparents to represent Lord Muruga... only so that to be born to Perumal, who was himself born to Subramani, my grandfather!


the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home