Saturday, April 29, 2006

A tribute to Infy

Infosys has changed the lives of millions, for good. Just a modest number considering the good they are doing to the society. I am one of them.

I joined Infy less than 2 years back. All people I told abt my future at Infy, echoed and iterated one point. IT'S UNDIVIDED CARE FOR ITS EMPLOYEES. Again, I am one of the few lucky people to realise it, enjoy it.

Looking back now, certainly Infy has done more to me, than what I had done to it. And its the element of care it gives to its employees, that made people stick with it for years. Its never easy maintaining an organisation of 50K+ employees. Never easy for Infy, but real tough for other guys in business.

After nearly an year @ Infy, they had greatly helped me secure a place for MS in USA. Selfless acts are rarely recognised, but their HR policy is too good that I would like to mention one of my relatives' own episode.

He was working with Infy for 7+ years. He worked the last 3 years from US. He married a fellow Infoscion, and wanted to live happily ever after. His dreamt of doing MBA in US. He resigned his job, followed his dreams, only to be rejected thrice by Visa counsellate in Chennai. Desperate, he approached Infy, which welcomed him again, embraced him. Not only that, they posted him to a place near to his wife's place of stay.

The final overwhelming gesture was when Infy advised him to resign from the US office itself, and take MBA to avoid the Visa problems. He did it, and would complete his course in few months. He was grateful to Infy, for the gesture. It would be only inhuman if I am not, for what they have done to me, to stand behind me in troubling times, urging me to go on...which ever way I wanted... and I chose to pursue research in US.

Thanks Infy.

4 Comments:

At 3:06 PM GMT+5:30, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not surprising, because the company is "driven by values".

 
At 3:41 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger Vijay said...

subro.. these days u r not updating ur blog as often as it used to be... Update more frequently...

 
At 1:50 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger Subro said...

@Ram: Definitely happy.

 
At 8:07 PM GMT+5:30, Blogger Unknown said...

Good to reach something positive

 

Post a Comment

<< Home